Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Public speaking challlenge"

As you all know the Public Speaking Challenge is just weeks away. Are you ready to engage yourself in this end of the year event? I hope that you all are. Now you can finally brag about the things that you did at your worksite and the cool and exciting people that you were able to meet. You will be surrounded by a various group of community members including your friends, mentor(s), program coordinators, and judges. All theses people will be there to support you and hear how you progressed throughout the year.

Don’t be nervous, just practice, practice, practice! The more you practice the better presenter you become. The PowerPoint presentation will consist of many different prizes including a $100 bonus for a highly scored presentation. Even though the program is about to end for us, you can still use what you have learned and apply it to your everyday world. Beginning this program, most of us only expected a job and a paycheck. But after experiencing what we’ve experienced in the world of work, we can better understand and expect what we want out of life.

UA has helped taught us about networking, with these presentations we can pass it on to someone else. Practice makes perfect!!

What rating would you expect to get on your presentation?
How prepared do you think you are?
What are some things that would make your presentation more appealing?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For my presentation I expect to get the highest rating, which Im guessing is a 10.I've been working very hard on my presentation, so I am definitly prepared.I did my very best and I know that it will turn out to be a success.I look forward to August 10th when I get to present it to everyone.

angelaquie said...

I think I woul make a 15 or 17. This is still good because I will still get a hundred dollars